Thursday, April 20, 2006

Harry Potter Leads to Suicide

It is clear to any reasonable person that Harry Potter is not appropriate reading material for impressionable minds like those of Americans.

A group in Gwinnett county Georgia is trying to get these books banned from schools.

"I'm a true example of how Harry Potter books can open your life to witchcraft," said Jordan Susch.

Susch says she read the first Harry Potter novel when she was in the fourth grade. Two years later, she says, she and her friends were practicing witchcraft.

We wanted to know if spells, potions and curses worked. By the seventh grade, I was so depressed, I set a date to kill myself, Susch said.

Susch has joined Laura Mallorys fight to get the novels removed from the Gwinnett County Schools shelves.I want to protect my kids, children and others from evil, Mallory said. Not fill their minds with it.

***

"The hearing officer will make a recommendation within five days to the school board. The board has another ten days to determine whether the book will remain in the school systems libraries or not."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Counters