Saturday, April 15, 2006

Listening to the Generals

Remember hearing words like these?

President Bush: "I'm saying I'm going to listen to the generals who say, Mr. President, we've got -- we need more, we need less, we've got exactly the right number."

Recently, Generals Newbold, Eaton, Zinni, and Batiste have gained prominent attention in called for Rumsfeld’s resignation.

That's four.

The list continues to grow. Ret. Army Gen. John Riggs, told the Washington Post recently: that he believes that his peer group is “a pretty closemouthed bunch” but that, even so, his sense is “everyone pretty much thinks Rumsfeld and the bunch around him should be cleared out.”

Now, another is speaking out. Retired Marine Lt. Gen Paul K. Van Riper said in an interview yesterday, “I admire those who have stepped forward, and I agree with the arguments they are making.” Further acknowledging, “I count myself in the same camp.”

That's six. Any more?

“I really believe that we need a new secretary of defense because Secretary Rumsfeld carries way too much baggage with him. … Specifically, I feel he has micromanaged the generals who are leading our forces there,” said retired Maj. Gen. Charles Swannack, former commander of the 82nd Airborne Division.

Seven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Counters